Plastic Conduit & Fire Safety
What is PVC?
Ideal for low risk buildings, correctly specified PVC products offer flexibility and cost advantages over LSF0H.
What is PVC/LSF?
An incremental improvement over standard PVC products, increased flame retardancy and reduced smoke output compared to PVC.
Lower Smoke Fume (PVC LSF) offers lower emissions than standard PVC - hence PVC LSF lies somewhere between that of PVC and LSF0H.
- Reduces smoke release by up to 65 % in the first 4 minutes of a fire
- Lower smoke - Increased flame retardancy
What is LSF0H?
Containing less than 0.5 % halogens and minimal smoke generation, ideal for public buildings, airports, railways, commercial buildings, data centres and all escape routes.
- Low Smoke according to IEC 60134
- Zero Halogen to IEC 60754-1/60754-2
- Flame retardant to IEC 61386